Welcome To The Food World!!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

This Miyuk Gook Recipe Is Quite Traditional

I'm turning older soon and so to be traditional, I thought I'd make myself some Miyuk Gook. Korean people have this on their birthday. I'm sure there's a reason why, but I have no idea what that is haha.

Anyway, I think I've come to the conclusion that the following recipe might be good, but I made mine a little differently so I'm not 100% sure how good it is. I'll try making it again sometime to make sure. The reason being that after I made the soup stuff, but before I added the seaweed part, I added more soy sauce etc. into the mix because it didn't taste seasoned enough. Then I added the seaweed and it turned waaaaay too salty.


Ingredients:
  • 1 bowl of Miyuk
  • 1/4 lb Chuck beef, cut into small pieces
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 Tbsp of gook ganjang
  • 1-2 tsp of minced garlic
  • 1 tsp dashida
  • 4 cups of water
  • Black pepper
Directions:

1. Put sesame oil, gook ganjang, black pepper, pinch of sugar (optional), dashida, and garlic in with the small pieces of beef.
2. Saute beef until browned.
3. Add water.
4. Once boiling, add miyuk and boil for 5 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment